LGBT MARRIAGE FORUM – FEATURING US!
Thinking about getting married? Planning on getting married but – like my girlfriend and me – don’t know what the hell to expect afterward? It’s Conceivable is pleased to take part in an upcoming FREE LGBT Marriage Forum at The LGBT Community Center that will feature a variety of voices on planning a gay wedding, family, and more. Plus, you can come say hi to the IC staff in person – a few of us will be speaking on the panel!
Here are the deets:
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
LGBT Community Center
208 West 13th Street
New York, NY
RSVP here and read more about the event below.
The forum, called What happens after ‘I Do’? will discuss:
- Practical tips for the engaged LGBT couple
- Legal Ins and Outs of Estate Planning & Family Law
- How to Handle Difficult Family Members
- Family Planning Options
- Planning a Wedding that Reflects Your Personality
The Keynote Speaker will be Cathy Marino-Thomas, Co-President of the National Board of Marriage Equality USA, and the Master of Ceremonies will be Charlie Maffei, aka Charlie the Matchmaker.
We’ll be discussing some of the lessons we’ve learned from the stories and articles we’ve posted here, along with an amazing panel of experts in other areas, including:
- Fallon Carter, Owner of Fallon Carter Weddings
- Irna Gadd, LCSW, psychotherapist/psychoanalyst in private practice, Board Member of The Association of Lesbian and Gay Affirmation Psychotherapists (ALGAP)
- Christopher Goeken, Attorney at The Law Office of Christopher S. Goeken, member of the Lesbian and Gay Lawyer’s Association
- Greg Matalon, Attorney at Capell Barnett Matalon & Schoenfeld LLP, member of the Lesbian and Gay Lawyer’s Association
- Denise Oliveira, Co-founder and Love Story Writer at Prequels, LLC
- Bridget Reale, Owner and Designer at Violet and Verde
- Samora Smith, Founder and Interfaith Minister at Common Ground Ceremonies
Wrapping it up!
Brian Edwards, HuffPost Gay Voices blogger and newlywed
Hope to see you guys there – please come up and chat with us if you attend!